Iran Desert Sands
Duration : 15 days
Itinerary : Tehran, Maranjab, Ghasr-e Bahram, Jandagh, Tabas, Kerman, Yazd, Shiraz, Isfahan, Abyaneh, Kashan, Tehran
- Day 1: Arrive Tehran – Check-in to your hotel and the afternoon is yours to explore the city.
- Day 2: Tehran / Maranjab – After a morning of exploring the capitol of Iran we drive out of the city to spend the night camping next to the sand dunes near Maranjab.
- Sa’d Abad Museum Complex
- Grand bazaar
- Day 3: Ghaser-e Bahram – Continuing east through the Salt desert we stop for the night near a local caravanserai to pitch our tents.
- Day 4: Jandagh– The desert scenery is at times stark but small nomadic villages along the way make the journey worth it.
- Day 5: Tabas –The road continues on through the desert passing the villages of Meser, Garmeh and Arusan to bring us to Tabas the night where we overnight in tents.
- Day 6-7: Kerman (Rayen & Mahan) – After breakfast we settle in for a long drive to the remote city of Kerman. An excursion to the cities of Rayen and Mahan give us amazing insight into the old trading routes that came through this region.
- Shah Nematolah Vali
- Shahzadeh Garden (UNESCO Site)
- Shahdad desert overnight
- Day 8: Yazd– The old quarter of Yazd is famous for its textiles and carpets, with many little alleys to wander and explore.
- Yazd – Jameh Mosque
- Towers of Silence burial grounds
- Amir Chakhmaq Complex
- Zoroastrian Fire Temple
- Day 9: Pasargadae / Shiraz – A long drive first takes us to the ruins of Pasargadae before continuing on to Shiraz, known for its splendid gardens, exquisite mosques and famous poets.
- Pasargadae – Tomb of Cyrus (UNESCO Site)
- Vakil Mosque & Bazzar
- Day 10: Persepolis & Shiraz – Our day is filled with a tour of Persepolis before returning back to the city for any last minute shopping.
- Half day tour of Persepolis Complex (UNESCO Site)
- Rock tombs of Naqsh-e Rajab & Naqsh-e Rostam
- Day 11: Shiraz– Known for its splendid gardens, exquisite mosques and famous poets we continue touring the sites of this famous city.
- Tombs of Hafez and Sa`adi
- Eram Garden (UNESCO Site)
- Vakil Mosque & Bazzar
- Nasir-ol-Molk Mosque
- Karim Khan Citadel
- Jameh-ye Atigh Mosque
- Imamzadeh-ye Ali Ebn-e Hamze shrine
- Day 12-13: Isfahan– Isfahan is a place for savouring the high refinements of Persian culture and getting lost in its old bazaar.
- Imam Square (UNESCO Site)
- Ali Qapu Palace & Sheikh Lotfollah Mosque
- Chehel Sotun Palace (UNESCO Site)
- Vank Cathedral Museum
- Zayandeh River Bridges (Si-o-seh & Khaju Bridges)
- Day 14: Abyaneh / Kashan / Tehhran – On the way back to Tehran we stop in Kashan for a tour of this historic city that dates back over 6000 years.
- Abyaneh village tour
- Fin Garden (UNESCO Site)
- Khan-e Borujedi
- Day 15: Tehran and Depar – After breakfast you are free to depart anytime
Iran Desert Sands Tour Services
The above itinerary includes: accommodation for you & your travel tour guide, transportation (air-conditioned vehicle), transfers, food (breakfast) plus refreshments and bottled water (including your guide), guidance (plus oral translation where needed), entrance fees and tips for porters, waiters & guide Excluded.
Note: The nature of tours and travel in Iran demands flexibility. In other words, sometimes your travel tour guide changes part of the day’s sightseeing program because of an unexpected local event, national holiday, etc. Needless to say, your guide is responsible to let you know of the procedures beforehand.
In all cases, the top priority is not to miss any of the above sightseeing activities. If there is no choice, a substitution activity will be chosen by mutual agreement so that such omission can be compensated for you.
Send a Tour Inquiry!
By taking this step, you will learn a lot more about our services, price, processes, terms and conditions.